Life at Brentnalls NSW
We are a growing 4 Partner CBD chartered accounting practice located close to Wynyard Station.
At Brentnalls NSW we believe success comes from shared goals and a united vision. We are genuinely committed to our team, clients and affiliates and nurture a culture of innovation and continuous learning. We work hard and to the highest standard but believe there is great value in taking time out to meet personal goals as well.
This vital role for the practice requires a Tax Consultant with upwards of six years’ experience in the provision of compliance and advisory. We are seeking a well-rounded candidate to assist our Tax Partner, Warren Smith in growing and developing the team.
- Providing tax compliance & tax advisory services, including multiple tax advice engagements, ATO audits, undertaking research, preparing letters of advice, pro-active tax planning and restructuring.
- Assisting our clients in their tax compliance obligations, including tax technical advice in respect of their business operations, such as tax effect accounting calculations and reconciliations.
- Help our clients achieve an efficient and effective tax function, identify tax planning and tax advisory opportunities and implement leading practice tax governance procedures.
- Provide the highest level of technical advice on the application of tax law and contribute to winning new clients.
- Work across multiple projects and clients as a team member, collaborating with our national network of resources.
To be successful in this role, you must have
- Master of Taxation or equivalent
- Business / Commerce / Finance degree with Accounting Major
- Completed CA or equivalent
Skills and attributes
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service
- Strong project management skills to ensure engagements run to time and budget.
- Ability to incorporate complex and technical information in a clear, succinct and well-informed method.
- Strong business writing skills
- Able to use analytical techniques.
- Negotiation skills, with the ability to challenge ideas.
- Computer and technology savvy with the ability to demonstrate skills in operating the software used across the firm, such as XPM, Xero, MYOB, Castaway, Microsoft Office, Advanced excel skills.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements including working from home and access to our flexible work policy.
- Learning and development to support your career including mentoring programs, study and membership support.
- Genuine career development opportunities and transparent processes for advancement.
- A supportive social and professional work environment.
- Convenient CBD location near Wynyard Station.
- Wear business casual attire, be comfortable during your work day.
We prefer to hear from you directly.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Brentnalls NSW and its ongoing success, if you have any questions please contact Diana Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org